Jennifer Love Hewitt: ‘Being Feisty Comes Naturally to Me’

Jennifer Love Hewitt is back on the small screen in Lifetime’s newest series, The Client List. The stunning 33-year-old plays Riley Parks, a single mother-of-two, who finds extra work with a high-end prostitution service in Texas. It’s based on the 2010 Lifetime television movie of the same name, which also starred Hewitt.
The actress talked to reporters about her latest role, wearing lingerie on set, and the secret behind her lasting success in Hollywood.
On The Client List.
“Riley is a single mom whose been left by her husband. [The audience] will get to know different clients and the people that come in and out of the spa every week. You’ll get to see more about her being a mom and how she handles having a double-life. [It] has a certain amount of reality to it. The family is facing economic hardship, which is a very real situation happening in a lot of families in a lot of places in the United States and all over the world right now. So I think that part of it is real. I think her being a single mom with two kids is real.”
On showcasing her sexiness.
“I learned a lot actually. I’m not quite as scared as I thought I would be. I’ve actually learned how to wear lingerie better — sort of how to get into it faster — all of those things. Being sort of a feisty young lady from Texas comes naturally to me because that’s sort of who I am. I’ve grown up in a household of feisty Texas women. But being so overtly sexy and provocative — that part of it is not something that I’ve really put out there before. And it has been fun and exciting.
“I feel like I’m at a good age for it. I’m 33-years-old and I think if I was younger, it would feel more saucy and daring. But at 33, I’m a grown woman. This is what we do. You sort of find your femininity and your strength and your own sexuality in playing a part like this. It’s been really fun.”
On the show’s risque premise.
“Although we are being provocative and sort of pushing the envelope, we are also leaving a lot to the imagination. We do sort of walk right up to the line of inappropriate and then we cut out and I feel good about that. It’s meant to be provocative and it’s meant to be a fantasy. Television is supposed to allow you to escape into other worlds and watch other people do things and forget about your life for a minute.”
On her longevity in Hollywood.
“I’ve worked really hard, so I think work gets work. I’ve always had respect for the business that I’ve been in. I’ve tried not to act too crazy or disrespect the opportunities that I have been given or the people that have believed in me. I also think some of it’s just luck. I’ve been really blessed and I don’t necessarily know what keeps one person here longer than somebody else, but I couldn’t feel more grateful.
“I’m only 33-years-old and I’ve been [acting] for 24 years. I feel like Betty White! I feel like I should be 91. It’s so crazy. I work with people who are my age and they’ve been in L.A. for four years and I’m like, ‘Oh, my God, I’m so old!’ But I feel very lucky.”
Parade.com - http://jenniferfan.org/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside of 9-1-1 Season 2 Episode 13 ''You Can't Run Forever'' Episode